For more than 20 years, the Austrian Armed Forces have had simulation systems in their training and education. Simulation systems offer a wide range of application possibilities for all levels of leadership.
- compensate for structural deficits
- maintain or develop skills
- help to make better use of time for practical training and exercises
- cover legal requirements
- are a motivating training tool, and
- be used for development and research
The military academy operates two different simulation systems:
- Führungssimulator (Command and control simulator)
- CATT (Combined Arms Tactical Trainer)
These two systems support teaching in both, basic officer training and advanced officer training.
Both simulation systems are also available to all other branches of the Austrian Armed Forces. Within the framework of civil-military cooperation or cooperation programmes, civilian agencies such as the police, district commanders or the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt also train their staff or students.